Keto diet is a low-carb, high-fat diet. In this diet, you replace carbs with fats. In Keto diet, your body goes into a state called ketogenesis. It is a state in which the body’s ability to use fats to provide energy becomes incredibly fast.
It lowers blood sugar and insulin levels, and shifts the body’s metabolism away from carbs and towards fat and ketones. This type of diet helps you lose weight and improves health. Ketogenic diets may even have benefits against diabetes, cancer, epilepsy and Alzheimer’s disease
WHY SHOULD YOU SWITCH TO KETO DIET
Unlike all other diet plans that go strict on your calorie intake, ketogenic diet gives you freehand. It is very effective in reducing lower body weight without putting you in a struggle of tracking your amount of calorie intake. You can eat cheese, full cream coffee, yoghurt and milk without any fear of weight gain because such food items work the best in a keto diet.
WHAT FOODS YOU SHOULD AVOID
Here is a list of foods that need to be reduced or eliminated on a ketogenic diet:
- Sugary foods: Soda, fruit juice, smoothies, cake, ice cream, candy, etc.
- Grains or starches: Wheat-based products, rice, pasta, cereal, etc.
- Fruit: All fruit, except small portions of berries like strawberries.
- Beans or legumes: Peas, kidney beans, lentils, chickpeas, etc.
- Root vegetables and tubers: Potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, etc.